Together, these jurisdictions represent more than two and a half million people and a diverse mix of large and small, urban and rural areas. The whole country will learn and benefit from their successes. Sites will consider a range of improvements, including implementing the Public Safety Assessment to support judicial decision making; strengthening presumption of release and due process protections; instituting speedy trial rules; and developing robust pretrial services. To that end, we support jurisdictions seeking to adopt a presumption of release, strong due process protections, and robust pretrial services.
We must address the deep and far-reaching roots of inequity in our systems if we are going to achieve our vision of greater racial and economic justice.
It's time to reform our pretrial system
Thanks to their collaboration with researchers, jurisdiction leaders will be able to understand how these reforms will affect their pretrial jail populations and broader community before deciding on implementation. Reform champions in the Research-Action Sites—including judges, pretrial services officers, prosecutors, and public defenders—are committed to strong community engagement to ensure all voices and needs are represented in justice system changes.
See All Customer Reviews. Shop Books.
- Personal Liberty and Community Safety: Pretrial Release in the Criminal Court!
- Personal Liberty and Community Safety.
- America’s Pretrial System Is Broken. Here’s Our Vision to Fix It. | American Civil Liberties Union.
- The International Law Commission of the United Nations.
Add to Wishlist. USD Sign in to Purchase Instantly. Overview In this enlightening study, the authors implement a unique research approach to offer a greater understanding of policy reform of pretrial release and detention practices in the criminal courts in Boston, Miami, and Phoenix. Product Details Table of Contents. Evidence about Guidelines.
Social Psychology of Aggression. Personality Boost. Bogdan Vaida. The Shattered Self. Richard B.
- Pretrial Justice | Arnold Ventures.
- Postscript First.
- Projects – National Partnership for Pretrial Justice.
- The New Politics of Islam: Pan-Islamic Foreign Policy in a World of States (Islamic Studies Series).
Live Successfully! Book No. Environmental Social Psychology. Jorge Correia Jesuino. Aurora Chang. Anita C. Creativity in Engineering. David H Cropley. Brian Jeff. Hybrid Identities and Adolescent Girls. Laurel D.
The Construction of Pretrial Release Decision Guidelines in the Courts
A Study of the Movement of Spiritual Awareness. Psychology of Change. Katherine J. The Lewin Legacy. Eugene Stivers.
Faculty | College of Liberal Arts
Identity, Political Freedom, and Collective Responsibility. Biblical Foundations for Manhood and Womanhood. Wayne Grudem. Confronting Kingdom Challenges. Peter Jensen.
- Mathematical Foundations for Linear Circuits and Systems in Engineering?
- Gods Own Scientists: Creationists in a Secular World!
- Translating Life: Studies in Transpositional Aesthetics;
- Reward Yourself.
- Townshend-Smith on discrimination law: text, cases and materials.
- In Catawba County, Pretrial Reform is Driven by Public Safety, Financial Responsibility.
Decision Making in Criminal Justice. Michael R. Goldkamp,Michael R. Gottfredson,Peter R.